Friday, March 7, 2008

Can you have too many books?

I love to read. Zach loves to read. But, Carolyn LOVES to read. We don't play with toys anymore. We read and read and read. And then we paint, and play dress up and play-doh and read some more. We have a book of nursery rhymes that is well over 100 pages long. It takes over an hour (literally) to read. As soon as it's finished Carolyn asks to have it read to her again. While she wait for me to finish up what I'm doing so I can read to her, she lines up her books along the couch in the order she would like them read. I love that she loves to read, but didn't know it was possible to read so much!! I've resorted to books on tape to save my parched throat!! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was JUST like Carolyn when I was little - my mom would walk in the door from work and I would immediately drag my bin of books over to her. The good thing is that I was an independent reader before I turned four. To alleviate some of the constant reading aloud, she read some of my favorites into a tape recorder, dinged a bell when it was time to turn a page, and then let me play those over and over again, reading along by myself. I loved reading along to her voice on tape.

Laura Gruner said...

You can NEVER have too many books :)