Monday, September 28, 2009

What We've Been Up To....

We've been busy! Jocelyn continues to grow and is in a bit of a growth spurt - eating record amounts (for her!) the last few days. She loves to be worn, and spends lot of her time in the baby ktan - definitely by far my favorite baby product!!!


We started doing "learning time" in the morning with Carolyn. Each day, we do the calendar and weather and then we do a language arts lesson (first rhyming and listening to sounds and are now doing letters). Then we do another concept - patterns, the seasons, classifying, etc. Carolyn really enjoys this time and looks forward to it each day. It's been great for me too and is a special time for the two of us together.



We painted the letters for "Jocelyn" (Carolyn has a matching one in her room that we made for her when she was a baby) and hung that on her wall.



Carolyn continues the role of adoring big sister. Here she is helping Jocelyn with her binky!

My two happy girls!


2 comments:

Laura Gruner said...

I'm so impressed with your learning time!!! I'm going to have to buy a calendar holder and a sentence strip holder so I can do something like that with Levi. He's in preschool right now... but it's not a long time and I have a feeling we might live somewhere I don't have a school I trust or like as much... and then it's all up to me!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby Ktan picture!!! :)

Laura said...

Carolyn is really growing up! Love the updates. Miss you!